Nursing - International semester
Short-term programme of Nursing - International semester, 30 ECTSHealth care, social services, and care services
|Institution||VIA University College|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||3700 EUR|
DescriptionThe term consists of three units:
Interprofessional Collaboration in Health and Community Practice
- To appreciate the influence of diversity and transcultural needs in a global society
- To provide the students with skills in interprofessional collaboration in health care teams in community practice
- Health informatics, with focus on e-Health, welfare technologies and e-Patients development in order to meet the health and social needs of the population in the 21st century
- Identify risk factors, and based on available evidence select appropriate risk management and health promotion strategies to promote optimal independence and quality patient outcomes in relation to health promotion, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Develop clinical reasoning skills in managing the care of patients experiencing chronic illness in relation to the persons’ functional status
- Communicate with patients, families, peers, interprofessional staff within the health care sector as well as intersectorial, to facilitate provision of care and quality patient outcomes
Nursing Management and Intervention
- Opportunities to develop a systematic body of knowledge that informs their problem solving capabilities, skill development in clinical reasoning in Nursing
- Skills in clinical methods such as observation, assessments, and interventions to patients with acute health problems
- To provide the student’s potential for understanding the professional, organizational, and social context of Nursing
Career OpportunitiesThe international semester corresponds to Module 5 and module 6 in the Danish Curriculum.
About the DegreeOne of the aims of the international semester is to provide the students with an understanding of the professional, organizational and social contexts of nursing in the hospital and community settings and the need for ongoing professional development. This programme is also offered as an exchange programme.
- 1 page describing why you want to study abroad and which personal objectives you have for the exchange
- Your academic results until now
- A Crimical Record
- Test for MRSA not more than 1 month old
Read about requirements of VIA University College
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact VIA University College directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education in the section http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System