You are here: Home Living in Denmark Health & Safety Insurance

What insurance do I need?

We strongly recommend that you take out adequate insurance while studying in Denmark. The following insurance coverage is recommended:

  • Third-party liability insurance (‘ansvarsforsikring’) – covering expenses if you have to pay compensation to another person
  • Accident insurance (‘ulykkesforsikring’) – covering the financial consequences of an accident
  • Home insurance (‘indboforsikring’) – for your personal belongings
  • Car insurance (‘bilforsikring’) – If you bring a car with you, please make sure it is properly insured. If you decide to take out the insurance in Denmark, try contacting some of the larger insurance companies. Their websites are in English. Your host institution may be able to refer you to specific insurance companies

Find Your Study Programme

Our higher education institutions offer more than 600 English taught study programme. There should be one to fit your academic aspirations.

Find Your Study Programme
Thinking Culture?