Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
Bachelor of Engineering, 210 ECTSEngineering
|Institution||University College Zealand|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||7500 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionOur Bachelor Program of Engineering in Biotechnology combines biology, chemistry and science of engineering.
During the studies you will learn to apply in depth knowledge of biochemical and biotechnological processes according to production of drugs (medicine), food industry and environmental challenges.
You will get acquainted with methods used in the field of biotechnology of industrial production.
You will also obtain knowledge of engineering principles relevant to the processing of materials by microorganisms (such as bacteria, fungi, algae, protozoa and viruses) or plant and animal cells to create useful products or industrial processes.
Career OpportunitiesAs a Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology you acquire a wide range of career opportunities in the global job market - in Denmark or abroad.
You will obtain competences within development and production using biotechnological processes. It could be solving tasks within the fields of health science, nutrition, environment and energy, within areas covering scope of food and medicine production, environmental and energy sectors.
You will qualify for a position as operational and production engineer working with process control based on chemical, physical and biological analysis. Control, regulation and optimization of production processes could also be one of your areas of responsibility.
Moreover, having this education, you can work as a process, trial and development engineer within research and development of new setups in the area of most recent biological production and wastewater purification processes.
About the Degree
The degree focuses on biotechnology, for example how cells are used as small factories in the production of medicine and foodstuffs, or how they are used in purification of wastewater or converting waste into energy - biofuels. You will gain theoretical knowledge within biotechnology and will be working with the following disciplines:
- Cell and microbiology
- Biotechnology and protein chemistry
- General and technical chemistry
- Mathematics and statistics
Admission requirements for international students include one of the following certificates: · A Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate (STX, HF, HHX, HTX, EUX, GIF) · The Danish/French Baccalaureat (DFB)
· The European Baccalaureate (EB)
· The International Baccalaureate (IB)
· The Option Internationale du Baccalaureat (OIB)
· Another foreign qualifying examination certificate that can be equated with a Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate.
· Mathematics: corresponding to Danish A-level
· Physics: corresponding to Danish B-level or Geoscience corresponding to Danish A-level
· Chemistry: corresponding to Danish C-level or Biotechnology corresponding to Danish A-level (starting with 2018 chemistry level will be changed from corresponding to Danish C-level to corresponding to Danish B-level).
· English corresponding to Danish B-level Additional qualifications In addition to official admission requirements mentioned above we are considering other qualifications as: · Entry level course into the program of engineering.
· Foreign or international access giving exam. If you are not sure whether your exam will grant you admission, you can read more about the requirement here
· Other basis for admission. If you do not fulfill the official admission requirements, but have other qualifications which can be ranked alongside, you can apply for admission on the exceptional permission via individual competence assessment
. Admission on exceptional permission is attaching importance to the following selection criteria:
· Average grade of secondary school exams.
· Courses corresponding to Danish A-level exams passed to Danish grade 7 or above. · Professional working experience, compulsory military service or maternity leave minimum 20 hours/week minimum in 2 months period
· Other studies taken for min. one year.
· At least one passed semester of higher education studies.
· Elite sport
· Peoples College attended for min. 2 months.
· Minimum 2 months spent abroad
· Unpaid volunteer work experience
· Motivational letter describing your personal and professional background relevant for admission to the program Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology.