Master (2 years) of Science in Animal Science, 120 ECTSAgriculture and environment Mathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||University of Copenhagen (KU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||7300 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionAs an MSc student of Animal Science you will be studying animal nutrition and physiology, management, breeding and genetics, and you will help improve animal welfare in a national and international perspective.
You will be able to create your own personal academic profile by choosing between a number of specialisations such as Production Animals, Companion Animals, Horses or Breeding and Genomics as well as a number of electives.
The Animal Science programme will give you basic knowledge about quantitative biology and its methods. You will learn how to analyse problems based on a holistic insight into the connection between the structure of the body, its functions, its ability to perform and welfare. You will learn, for instance, how to organise the feeding, tending and breeding of pigs or other production animals.
Read more about the programme structure.
Career OpportunitiesThe various specialisations open up to a growing number of jobs within many different sectors, such as:
- The Agricultural Advisory Service, consulting engineering firms, the financial sector or international development organisations
- Development or sales jobs in the industry and production sector
- Industry associations or professional organisations with relations to domestic animals or production
- Strategic advising and/or management of experimental animal businesses
- Public management (municipalities, regions, ministries and governmental bodies in Denmark, the EU and internationally)
- Research and education in private companies, governmental research institutions and universities
- Teaching at agricultural colleges, technical colleges or in other kind of course activities
- Starting you own business
AdmissionTo be admitted to the MSc programme in Animal Science, you must have a bachelor degree in a relevant subject and/or including relevant courses. Please read the specific requirements for admission to the MSc programme in Animal Science here.
An individual assessment of whether the graduate meets the requirements will be carried out.
In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is at a specified level. Read about the language requirements of University of Copenhagen.
You can find information about how and when to apply here. Application takes place through an online application portal.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact University of Copenhagen directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education → http://ufm.dk/recognition
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA, or Switzerland.
Further InformationRead more about the MSc programme in Animal Science and student life at University of Copenhagen.
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System