Short-term programme of Interactive Design, 30 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Danish School of Media and Journalism (DMJX)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||5200 EUR|
The semester focuses on three professional disciplines in interactive design:
- Research, strategy and concept development in digital communication
- Motion graphic design
- Interactive communication design.
You will learn to work with various methods of research, including design anthropology and audience analysis, to create strategies in digital media. They will be able to analyse the gathered material and convert this to arguments for the development of a creative concept and campaigns.
Students will receive tuition in how to make use of and understand sound, music and genre and combine it with elements from graphic design. Every project has the goal of giving the students professional skills to handle the processes of motion graphic design. Students get hands-on experience with idea generation, visual identity, storyboard development, and execution of the visual concept in its entirety.
Se course description
As a result of this semester you can achieve the following:
- study research theories
- work with users and target groups
- work on developing concepts on the basis of research develop prototypes
- timeline, sound, movements and pace in a linear narrative
- creative tools: storyboard, moodboard, styleframes, wireframes
- designing visual stories and visual identity in motion graphic design
- development of graphic concepts for TV and film productions, tablets and the internet
- work with interactive design and communication specific to the internet and tablet publications
AdmissionTo apply for the programme in Interactive Design you must:
- have completed at least 1 year on a BA design program.
- know the basics of visual communication and design
- have a portfolio.
- like using the computer as an essential tool for creating interactive media.
- have a good command of CS4 software and
- be interested in interactivity, graphic design, motion graphics, sound and technology.
All courses are taught in English. Participants must have a good command of the English language, both written and oral.
If you are a citizen in a EU country, you need to be enrolled at a home institution/university in order to apply for the course.
Apply with all relevant documents to the Danish School of Media and Journalism: Apply here
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://en.ufm.dk/.
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System