International Bachelor in Humanities
Bachelor of Humanities , 180 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4050 EUR|
DescriptionThe programme is based on problem-oriented project work and interdisciplinarity within the broad field of the Humanities.Starting from the general, interdisciplinary entry level, you gradually move towards specialization in two subject modules, designing an academic profile of your choice.
During the first 1½ years, you get an interdisciplinary introduction to key theories and methods within the Humanities field and you acquire knowledge of the subjects Linguistic Science, Literary Analysis, Journalism and Modern Media. In addition, you take courses in History, Cultural Studies, Educational Theory and Psychology.
During the last 1½ years, you specialise in two parallel Bachelor subjects. One subject must be within the Humanities field.
You choose the other subject from largely all RU Bachelor subjects and preferably across the main areas, namely the Humanities, Social Sciences and Natural Sciences.
Career OpportunitiesOn the succesfull completion of the programme, you will be awarded a Bachelor degree.
About the DegreeAll lectures, exams and written assignments will be conducted in English.
AdmissionNon-Danish citizens who do not have a Danish entrance examination are eligible for admission if they have qualifications recognised as being comparable to Danish entrance qualifications.
See which certificates that are accepted as equivalent to Danish entrance examinations
Applicants who hold other certificates than those mentioned can find guidelines to the assessment of their qualifications at the web site of the Danish agency for International Education: en.iu.dk/recognition
See a list of additional entry requirements
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
Read more about how to apply
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
Applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination have to pay an application fee.The application fee will only be refunded if you are admitted to the university and start at the programme you have been admitted to, i.e. you are registered as an active student as of February 1 or September 1 in the year of admission depending on which entry you have applied for.The application fee will not be refunded under any other circumstances.
- If you are a citizen from a country within the EU/EEA or a citizen in Switzerland. You are not required to pay the application fee.
- If you are a citizen from a country outside the EU/EEA and you hold a Danish entry examination: Studentereksamen, HHX, HTX, HF, GIF, exam from “Duborg-skolen”, færøsk studentereksamen or GU-eksamen. You are not required to pay the application fee.
- If you are a citizen from a country outside the EU/EEA and you do not hold a Danish entry examination.You are required to pay the application fee.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System