Denmark second most innovative country in Europe
The Innovation Union Scoreboard 2011 ranks Denmark as the second most innovative country in Europe. The ranking is based on 24 indicators, such as public and private spending on education and research, patent applications and internationally cited scientific publications.
The innovation leaders in Europe
The 2011 Innovation Union Scoreboard places Member States into the following four country groups:
- Innovation leaders: Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Finland.
- Innovation followers: Belgium, the UK, Netherlands, Austria, Luxembourg, Ireland, France, Slovenia, Cyprus and Estonia with a performance close to that of the EU27 average.
- Moderate innovators: Italy, Portugal, Czech Republic, Spain, Hungary, Greece, Malta Slovakia and Poland perform below that of the EU27 average.
- Modest innovators: Romania, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Latvia are well below that of the EU27 average.
The EU still maintains a clear lead over the emerging economies of China, Brazil, India, Russia, and South Africa. However, the EU is not closing the persistent gap with global innovation leaders US, Japan and South Korea.
About the Innovation Union Scoreboard 2011
The scoreboard is prepared by the Maastricht Economic and Social Research and Training Centre on Innovation and Technology (MERIT), in collaboration with the European Commission's in-house science service, the Joint Research Centre (JRC).
- Aarhus, Denmark heads the chart as the world's most mindful city Feb 15, 2017
- Danish Universities Top The World's Most International Universities 2017 Feb 02, 2017
- Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world Jan 26, 2017
- Alexandra from Romania landed a dream job at Simens Dec 19, 2016
- Denmark has the happiest workforces in the world Dec 13, 2016
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016
- Denmark is in the top 10 list of "Best Countries for Education" 2016 Oct 28, 2016
- Denmark is one of the most LGBTQ-Friendly Study Abroad Destinations in the World Oct 21, 2016