Monocle survey: "Denmark is a pioneer of sustainable energy and a world leader in architecture and urban planning
At 36-pages in length, the Monocle 'Denmark National Survey' will be part of the magazine's December-issue, covering everything from Denmark´s economy, society and transport to culture, architecture, agriculture, retail and urbanism.
Monocle traveled throughout Denmark in September to speak with a diverse collection of leading thinkers, creatives, scholars and prominent business people from Denmark who is hosting the EU presidency in 2012.
Tyler Brûlé, Monocle’s editor-in-chief, believes that the launch of the survey comes at a time when Denmark has never looked better:
"The nation is a pioneer of sustainable energy and a world leader in architecture and urban planning.With a rich cultural tradition, Denmark might have suffered from being a bit timid over the past few decades, but with the budding and brilliant young generation of fashion designers, filmmakers, product designers, gallerists and musicians – the Danes are taking a global centre stage," he says.
Ambassador Klavs A. Holm, Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark is thrilled about the Denmark survey:
"Monocle is one of today’s most influential media outlets reaching a global audience of trendsetters, opinion makers and business people, and we were flattered when earlier this year they presented the idea of doing a national survey on Denmark. The outside look that Monocle provides on what our country has to offer is exiting indeed and I hope the survey will intrigue and inspire Monocle readers to find out more about Denmark."
- Denmark tops happiest country in the world 2017 Mar 20, 2017
- Copenhagen still among world’s most liveable cities Mar 15, 2017
- Aarhus University advances in major international academic ranking Mar 08, 2017
- Denmark is one of the world's best places to be young Mar 06, 2017
- Aarhus, Denmark heads the chart as the world's most mindful city Feb 15, 2017
- Danish Universities Top The World's Most International Universities 2017 Feb 02, 2017