Monocle survey: "Denmark is a pioneer of sustainable energy and a world leader in architecture and urban planning
At 36-pages in length, the Monocle 'Denmark National Survey' will be part of the magazine's December-issue, covering everything from Denmark´s economy, society and transport to culture, architecture, agriculture, retail and urbanism.
Monocle traveled throughout Denmark in September to speak with a diverse collection of leading thinkers, creatives, scholars and prominent business people from Denmark who is hosting the EU presidency in 2012.
Tyler Brûlé, Monocle’s editor-in-chief, believes that the launch of the survey comes at a time when Denmark has never looked better:
"The nation is a pioneer of sustainable energy and a world leader in architecture and urban planning.With a rich cultural tradition, Denmark might have suffered from being a bit timid over the past few decades, but with the budding and brilliant young generation of fashion designers, filmmakers, product designers, gallerists and musicians – the Danes are taking a global centre stage," he says.
Ambassador Klavs A. Holm, Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark is thrilled about the Denmark survey:
"Monocle is one of today’s most influential media outlets reaching a global audience of trendsetters, opinion makers and business people, and we were flattered when earlier this year they presented the idea of doing a national survey on Denmark. The outside look that Monocle provides on what our country has to offer is exiting indeed and I hope the survey will intrigue and inspire Monocle readers to find out more about Denmark."
- Alexandra from Romania landed a dream job at Simens Dec 19, 2016
- Denmark has the happiest workforces in the world Dec 13, 2016
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016
- Denmark is in the top 10 list of "Best Countries for Education" 2016 Oct 28, 2016
- Denmark is one of the most LGBTQ-Friendly Study Abroad Destinations in the World Oct 21, 2016
- And the winner of the Top Talent Denmark 2016 contest is… Sep 30, 2016