Danish researchers build world's most powerful ultrasound scanner
Danish researchers at the Center for Fast Ultrasound Imaging at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) have together with experts from Prevas developed the world's most powerful ultrasound scanner.
With the new scanner, clinicians and researchers can see 3D images of what is going on inside the body, when it is actually taking place. That is one of the primary benefits of ultrasound - the images are seen in real-time. This for example makes it possible to put pressure on a blood vessel and see how it affects the flow:
- We will use the scanner to develop new ultrasound methods and we are currently developing a new technique to measure the blood's velocity in the body, explains Professor Jørgen Arendt Jensen, Head of Center for Fast Ultrasound Imaging at DTU.
- Denmark has the best work-life balance. This is why Apr 04, 2017
- Denmark tops happiest country in the world 2017 Mar 20, 2017
- Copenhagen still among world’s most liveable cities Mar 15, 2017
- Aarhus University advances in major international academic ranking Mar 08, 2017
- Denmark is one of the world's best places to be young Mar 06, 2017