Danish higher education praised by the OECD
A new OECD report praises the high quality of Danish post-secondary vocational education. The report emphasizes the dynamic relationship between education and labor market needs, facilitated by mandatory internships and close cooperation between educational institutions, companies and the Danish trade unions and employers' organizations.
The organization also provides a number of recommendations for the further development of Danish post-secondary vocational education, which counts Academies and Professional Higher Education (2-3 year AP degrees) and University Colleges (3-4 year professional bachelor's degrees). Both prepare students to undertake a particular profession based on a solid theoretical knowledge and a practical understanding of how to apply theory in practice, eg through internships completed in either Denmark or abroad.
Testing theory: students from Copenhagen University College of Engineering
- Aarhus University Moves Into Top 100 on the Rankings Sep 22, 2016
- TOP TALENT DENMARK EVENTS IN BRAZIL HAVE STARTED! Sep 09, 2016
- Pivotal data centre opens in Copenhagen Sep 02, 2016
- Second best in Europe: University of Copenhagen Aug 16, 2016
- Denmark has the World’s Second Best University for Engineering Degrees Aug 02, 2016
- Europe’s Best Workplaces Are in Denmark Jul 21, 2016
- Denmark has the Second Best Quality of Life in the World Jun 17, 2016