Danish higher education praised by the OECD
A new OECD report praises the high quality of Danish post-secondary vocational education. The report emphasizes the dynamic relationship between education and labor market needs, facilitated by mandatory internships and close cooperation between educational institutions, companies and the Danish trade unions and employers' organizations.
The organization also provides a number of recommendations for the further development of Danish post-secondary vocational education, which counts Academies and Professional Higher Education (2-3 year AP degrees) and University Colleges (3-4 year professional bachelor's degrees). Both prepare students to undertake a particular profession based on a solid theoretical knowledge and a practical understanding of how to apply theory in practice, eg through internships completed in either Denmark or abroad.
Testing theory: students from Copenhagen University College of Engineering
- No Applicants left behind - new Deadline for Quota 2 Mar 15, 2013
- Denmark the world's least corrupt country Dec 05, 2012
- Denmark the most climate-friendly country Dec 03, 2012
- Danish education ranks 12th in global study Nov 28, 2012
- Denmark world's second most prosperous country Nov 10, 2012
- Ambassador to China: a Danish education is a good investment Oct 26, 2012
- World Bank: Denmark the easiest place to do business in Europe Oct 24, 2012