Danish education ranks 12th in global study
The Danish education system is ranked 12th in the 2012 Global League Table developed by the Economist Intelligence Unit and the education firm Pearson.
Finland and South Korea on top
Finland and South Korea take the lead, followed by three other high-performing Asian nations - Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore. Denmark is placed 12th ahead of countries such as Germany, France and the United States.
Looking at successful education systems, the study concludes that spending is important, but not as much as having a culture that is supportive of learning, giving teachers a high status while actively promoting a "culture" of education.
- Denmark has the 2nd best economy in EU May 28, 2015
- Considerably more international students pursuing a full study programme in Denmark May 21, 2015
- Time to apply for higher education programmes! Mar 13, 2015
- Your undergraduate future - the replies are in Jul 29, 2014
- Denmark has Scandinavia's Best University Oct 03, 2013