News about Danish higher education
Denmark ranks highly on all the main factors found to support happiness: caring, freedom, generosity, honesty, health, income and good governance, and comes in second to Norway in this year's World Happiness Report.
The Danish capital has retained its top 10 position in Mercer’s Quality of Living rankings this year, staying ninth in the 2017 survey.
Aarhus University is now in the top 100 in 19 subjects – and in the top 50 in six of them.
Denmark has been named as the world’s second best place to be a young person in the latest Global Youth Development Index and Report by the Commonwealth
Can a city be mindful? According to World Economic Forum it can. They have created a chart based on analysis of various databases including the World Bank's World Development Indicators, the UN World Happiness Report, OECD's Better Life Index, The Economist's Economist Intelligence Unit’s Most Liveable Cities, the Global Footprint Network and a Gallup World Poll, where we find Aarhus at the very top!
According to the Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s most international universities, Denmark is no. 8 overall.
For the 5th year in a row Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world according to Transparency International's annual Correption Perception Index. According to the President of Transparency International Denmark this is among other things because the Danish society is built on a high level of trust.
Romanian Alexandra Cirdei was educated in International Sales and Marketing Management at VIA University College in Horsens. Today, she is a permanent employee at Siemens.
According to this year's Global Workforce Happiness Index, Denmark has the happiest and most loyal workforce on the planet.
The University of Copenhagen (KU) and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) are among the four Nordic universities, which have been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for delivering work-ready graduates
Out of 65 countries Denmark takes the 9th place for the absolute best place to study in the world.
In addition to consistently being rated as the happiest country in the world, Denmark takes second place as the most LGBTQ-friendly country on the planet.
As a part of the Denmark Days 2016, Top Talent Denmark ran a contest for Brazilian talents to get the opportunity to explore their desired degree in Denmark. To win the contest, the participants had to answer the question: How can a Danish degree make you the professional of the future?
The new Times Higher Education World University Rankings puts Aarhus in the top 100 for the first time since the first issue of the rankings in 2010.
Join Denmark Days 2016 (September 9th to 14th) for your chance to expand your network, learn more about study as well as career opportunities and get a first impression of Denmark. This years events will be held in São Paulo and in Rio de Janeiro, where Danish higher education institutions and companies will be present.
The world's most advanced neutron spreading facility, European Spallation Source (ESS) is being built in Sweden. Meanwhile in Denmark, the data centre that will handle all the research data stemming from the ESS officially opened on August 26.
The 2016 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), places the University of Copenhagen as second best university in Contintental Europe and as the 30th best in the world. This is the second time in 2016 that a Danish university makes the top two.
New rankings for seven different engineering subjects have been published by ShanghaiRanking Consultancy and the Shanghai Subject Ranking 2016 puts the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and Aalborg University in the very top
Almost 20% of the 100 best workplaces in Europe are located in Denmark according to a new study among 700,000 employees among 2,250 companies in 19 European countries, by Great Place to Work.
According to the inaugural Quality of Nationality Index, Denmark has been ranked second in the world three years in a row.
- Denmark tops happiest country in the world 2017 Mar 20, 2017
- Copenhagen still among world’s most liveable cities Mar 15, 2017
- Aarhus University advances in major international academic ranking Mar 08, 2017
- Denmark is one of the world's best places to be young Mar 06, 2017
- Aarhus, Denmark heads the chart as the world's most mindful city Feb 15, 2017
- Danish Universities Top The World's Most International Universities 2017 Feb 02, 2017
- Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world Jan 26, 2017
- Alexandra from Romania landed a dream job at Simens Dec 19, 2016
- Denmark has the happiest workforces in the world Dec 13, 2016
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016
- Denmark is in the top 10 list of "Best Countries for Education" 2016 Oct 28, 2016
- Denmark is one of the most LGBTQ-Friendly Study Abroad Destinations in the World Oct 21, 2016
- And the winner of the Top Talent Denmark 2016 contest is… Sep 30, 2016
- Aarhus University Moves Into Top 100 on the Rankings Sep 22, 2016
- TOP TALENT DENMARK EVENTS IN BRAZIL HAVE STARTED! Sep 09, 2016
- Pivotal data centre opens in Copenhagen Sep 02, 2016
- Second best in Europe: University of Copenhagen Aug 16, 2016
- Denmark has the World’s Second Best University for Engineering Degrees Aug 02, 2016