Bachelor of Graphic Storytelling, 240 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts Mathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||VIA University College|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||7500 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionOur Bachelor Program in Graphic Storytelling consists of a number of program elements (modules/projects) in a number of core areas:
- Basic drawing skills
- Visualization - drawing for comics
- Manuscript and classic storytelling
- Layout and style (comics)
- Transmedia Storytelling
- Universe development
- Productions planning
- Media techniques and technology
- Computer based tools
- Project management and creative processes
- Entrepreneurship and industry knowledge
- Artwork analysis
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Optional program elements
- The Bachelor project
At the second year of the education the more advanced subjects like production techniques and entrepreneurship will be taught.
The third year of the programme contains the optional subjects and the fourth and last year the internship and Bachelor’s project.
Career OpportunitiesThe Graphic Storytelling programme prepares you for a career within publishing, newspaper, movie, media, game and advertising businesses. Examples of future career options are:
- Self-employed comic book creator either as freelance or in your own company,
- Developer of visual concepts and graphic universes for publishing, movies, TV, cross media and games,
- Artist in specialized fields of comic book production: Inker, colorist, storyboard artist etc.,
- Commercial comic book artist for advertising, media agencies etc.,
- Positions within the businesses around the comic book industry, for instance editor, comic book writer, illustrator or teacher
About the DegreeGraphic Storytelling is for people wishing to learn how to create graphic stories and universes at the highest level. The program teaches you all the areas of working with graphic storytelling: drawing, sequential storytelling, layout, scripting, story boarding for films, cross media and developing original graphic universes.
AdmissionThere are various requirements for Graphic Storytelling that includes a portfolio and a letter of intention. Read more about the requirements
All international, non-native English speakers must send an English language test certificate from IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge or other tests of an equivalent standard.
All Danish students must complete English at a B-level according to the level system in Danish secondary schools or equivalent proof of English skills.
General requirements in English language (corresponding to Danish B-level):
IELTS - 6.0
TOEFL Internet-based - 80
TOEFL Computer-based - 213
TOEFL Paper-based - 550
Cambridge test - CAE
TOEIC test - 700
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact [your institution] directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System