Nature, Health and Democracy
Short-term programme of Nature, Health and Democracy, 30 ECTSHealth care, social services, and care services
|Institution||VIA University College|
|Campus||Campus Aarhus C|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4000 EUR|
DescriptionThis international course focuses on how children, youth and adults can benefit from exploring and experiencing nature and the physical surroundings and heighten their body awareness, pleasure in activity, performance and health, as well as acquire skills for democratic participation and understanding.
The four months course will include:
- Danish pedagogy and democracy in theory and practice
- Outdoor approach to the pedagogical practice
- Health, body and movement in pedagogical practice
- Practical placement
Career OpportunitiesThrough the course you will develop new techniques:
- Analytical and critical reflections on pedagogy and pedagogical work
- Carrying out different kinds of pedagogical activities in nature with children and youth
- Substantiating and expressing health; the potentials of educational movement, experience, culture and health
- Developing practical and theoretical know-how about pedagogical work
About the DegreeThis course will provide students with relevant knowledge, competencies and skills in order to understand and work with nature, health, body and physical activity.
The course is conducted in English with the following learning situations:
- Theories and methodology focusing on pedagogy in an outdoor and democratic context
- Theories and methodology focusing on health, body and life quality in a pedagogic perspective
- Individual practical placement in a professional setting
AdmissionAll Danish students must complete English at a B-level according to the level system in Danish secondary schools or equivalent proof of English skills.
General requirements in English language (corresponding to Danish B-level):
IELTS - 6.0
TOEFL Internet-based - 80
TOEFL Computer-based - 213
TOEFL Paper-based - 550
Cambridge test - CAE
TOEIC test - 700
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact your institution directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionStudents within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
Students from institutions without a bilateral partner agreement must pay a tuition fee.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System