Short-term programme of Creative Communication, 30 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Danish School of Media and Journalism (DMJX)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||5200 EUR|
DescriptionIn the first part of the semester you learn to generate strong ideas for TV and digital, with an emphasis on idea and creative strategy – students are taught to communicate a simple message in the most engaging and entertaining way for television. The students are then taken through the process of making a professional TV ad, considering decisions an Art Director has to make during the different production phases.
The course also offers an introduction to After Effects, Final Cut and various film and editing techniques, which allow the students to produce their own TV commercials. In 'Digital Concepts' the students learn to develop concepts for mobile and integrated digital media. They learn to connect digital and offline media and maximize possibilities in earned media and PR, thus gaining a greater understanding of creating fully integrated concepts. Furthermore, the course focuses on the strategic knowledge that the students have developed from the beginning of the semester and offers more in-depth training in the creation of strong integrated concepts for brands.
As a result of this semester you can achieve the following
- Generating creative strategies for advertising campaigns
- Generating strong ideas for broadcast, viral and social media
- Executing TV concepts and other moving media ideas in After Effects and Final Cut
- Experience the production process through different stages as an Art Director
- Creating solutions for a variety of digital platforms
- Building a bridge between online and offline solutions
AdmissionTo apply for the programme in Creative communication you must:
- Have completed at least 1 year on a BA advertising programme
- Know the basics of advertising and graphic communication
- Have a creative portfolio (in digital form as pdf-files) to mail to the head of department.
- Have a good command of CS4 software.
All courses are taught in English. Participants must have a good command of the English language, both written and oral.
If you are a citizen in a EU country, you need to be enrolled at a home institution/university in order to apply for the programme.
Apply with all relevant documents to the Danish School of Media and Journalism: Apply here
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://en.ufm.dk/.
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System