Nutrient Absorption and Metabolism
Summer School of , 5 ECTSAgriculture and environment Mathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||Aarhus University (AU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||1303 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||140 EUR|
DescriptionThe course activities include: An introduction to experimental and surgical techniques, hands on sampling/animal experimentation and laboratory work, handling of data, calculations and biological interpretation of results, written and oral scientific presentation of results.
The objective of the course is to develop skills in animal experimentation and quantitative metabolic physiology that enables the participant to address scientific questions related to the biology of animal nutrition. This includes hypothesis formulation, planning and running experiments, analysis of experimental designs, work with experimental animals, laboratory analyses, statistical analysis of data, critical data evaluation, and scientific presentation. The research questions addressed in the course will change along with the actual research projects at the department.
The course will qualify the student to:
- Discuss literature in the field of quantitative nutrient absorption and metabolism
- Formulate a hypothesis in the field
- Design appropriate studies that answer questions related to inter-organ nutrient fluxes
- Work with the multi-catheterized animal models including sampling and sample handling
- Conduct relevant chemical analyses in the laboratory
- Collect data, perform relevant calculations and biological interpretation of results
- Present data in a short scientific paper (max. 10 pages per student).
About the DegreeThis is a summer course that counts 5 or 10 ECTS.
- You must be enrolled in a university programme at the time of the AU Summer University
- If you are applying for admission to AU Summer University courses at the Master level, you must hold a relevant Bachelor's degree (or as a minimum 180 ECTS in your study programme
- The application deadline is March 15th
TuitionThe tuition fee varies from course to course. Find the price on the individual course page. Find more information here http://www.au.dk/en/summeruniversity/tuitionfeeandparticipationfee/
For Further InformationYou can find more information on the programme here www.au.dk/summeruniversity
If you have any questions regarding the programme please write firstname.lastname@example.org