Language and Marketing
Summer School of Business, Economics and Management, Law, 10 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting Interdisciplinary Studies Law, public administration, public order and safety
|Institution||Aarhus University (AU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||1704 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||680 EUR|
Marketing communication and research heavily rely on language. Advertisers use language to convince consumers to buy a certain product. Market researchers ask consumers what they think about a product or what kind of product consumers think they need. Obviously, the success of such marketing efforts depends on linguistic and psycholinguistic processes. This course provides a range of interdisciplinary contents and sources recent empirical research. It has a high practical relevance for applied research on marketing communication. Apart from reviewing experimental studies, we analyze and discuss several cases, e.g. on pharmaceutical marketing and ‘Google AdWords’. Selected research questions to be discussed are:
- How can the linguistic structure of brand names influence brand perception?
- How can linguistic framing manipulate consumer decision making?
- What are the potentials and limits of priming and subliminal advertising?
- How do metaphors and narrative structure affect consumer memory and learning?
- How does the violation of conversational maxims affect consumer emotions and behavioral change?
- What is important if advertising targets bilingual consumers?
About the DegreeThis is a summer course that counts 5 or 10 ECTS.
- You must be enrolled in a university programme at the time of the AU Summer University
- If you are applying for admission to AU Summer University courses at the Master level, you must hold a relevant Bachelor's degree (or as a minimum 180 ECTS in your study programme
- The application deadline is March 15th
TuitionThe tuition fee varies from course to course. Find the price on the individual course page. Find more information here http://www.au.dk/en/summeruniversity/tuitionfeeandparticipationfee/
For Further InformationYou can find more information on the programme here www.au.dk/summeruniversity
If you have any questions regarding the programme please write firstname.lastname@example.org