Cultural Identity in Times of Globalization
Summer School of Humanities, Social Sciences, Communication and Arts, 10 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Aarhus University (AU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||1550 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||552 EUR|
DescriptionWhat are the effects of globalisation on our individual, national, and ethnic identities? On our places, homes, and destinations? And, on our cultural identities in the stories we tell, sell and believe?
CITG provides the student with insight into key themes, concepts and theories within cultural science-related studies of globalisation. Globalisation challenge and change the conditions under which humans form their identities. This course combines a theoretical approach with case-based studies with the intent to increase students' knowledge and analytical skills confronted with identity-communication from different cultural areas.Theoretical approaches from globalization theory, identity theory, memory studies, tourism studies, storytelling theory and comparative literature inform the analytical toolbox.The aim of the course then, is
- to contribute to the student’s knowledge of the reciprocal relation of globalisation and identity
- to enable her or him to describe and analyse different expressions of individual- and collective identity in cultural products and in mass culture phenomenon
- to supply the analytical tools to describe misunderstandings in identity-related intercultural communication.
About the DegreeThis is a summer course that counts 5 or 10 ECTS.
- You must be enrolled in a university programme at the time of the AU Summer University
- If you are applying for admission to AU Summer University courses at the Master level, you must hold a relevant Bachelor's degree (or as a minimum 180 ECTS in your study programme
- The application deadline is March 15th
TuitionThe tuition fee varies from course to course. Find the price on the individual course page. Find more information here http://www.au.dk/en/summeruniversity/tuitionfeeandparticipationfee/
For Further InformationYou can find more information on the programme here www.au.dk/summeruniversity
If you have any questions regarding the programme please write firstname.lastname@example.org