Summer School of Business, Economics and Management, Law, 10 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting Law, public administration, public order and safety
|Institution||Aarhus University (AU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||1704 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||1230 EUR|
United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG)During the course, the student will be introduced to, and gain confidence with, the structure, principles and rules of the CISG and at the end of the course must be able to apply the CISG to concrete cases.
The whole convention and its rules will be examined and the interplay between the general part I and part II and III will be emphasised and analysed.
Moreover, the students will be introduced to the connected issues of Private International Law (choice of law), which will be relevant by external and/or internal gaps in the CISG (gap-filling), and questions of jurisdiction.
As far as possible, a comparison with domestic law and international principles, like the PECL, UNIDROIT Principles and DCFR, will be made. The aim of the course is that students gain the following knowlegde:
- A profound knowledge of the rules and principles of the CISG
- A reasonable knowledge of the international theory and jurisprudence on CISG
- An understanding of the comparative terminology used
- Identify, analyze and estimate contract formation and sales law problems
- Give a reasonably grounded proposal for solutions thereof
About the DegreeThis is a summer course that counts 5 or 10 ECTS.
- You must be enrolled in a university programme at the time of the AU Summer University
- If you are applying for admission to AU Summer University courses at the Master level, you must hold a relevant Bachelor's degree (or as a minimum 180 ECTS in your study programme
- The application deadline is March 15th
TuitionThe tuition fee varies from course to course. Find the price on the individual course page. Find more information here http://www.au.dk/en/summeruniversity/tuitionfeeandparticipationfee/
For Further InformationYou can find more information on the programme here www.au.dk/summeruniversity
If you have any questions regarding the programme please write firstname.lastname@example.org