Master (2 years) of Science in Human Geography, 120 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||3020 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe Master of Science programme in Human Geography combines academic study of advanced theories in human geography with research into real-life case studies on a variety of spatial scales through practical project work.
This means you will get hands-on experience in areas such as:
- Regional and local planning, Economic development and globalization;
- Locality studies and entrepreneurship;
- Constructions and contestations of space and place;
- Power, identity and resistance;
- Sustainability and planning;
- Research design and methods and
- Policy analysis and governance
In the second year of the Master´s programme, students spend one semester either doing an internship, studying at a university abroad, or beginning an extended Master´s thesis. All students then spend the final semester working on the Master´s thesis.
Career OpportunitiesDepending on the exact profile you create through your projects and choices of courses, possible career paths could be:
- Regional or local planning in a public authority, or through transnational projects;
- International development, for example working in an NGO or other international organisations;
- Environmental or urban planning, either in a public authority or a private consultancy company;
- Research, either at a university or other research institutes or
- Teaching, for example in secondary or tertiary education
AdmissionContact Aalborg University about degrees qualifying you for this programme
The Master’s programme in Geoinformatics is directed at students with a Bachelor’s degree in surveying, land management, geography or study programmes with similar content.
Documentation will be required to verify that your proficiency in English is at an acceptable level.
Read more about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System