Master (2 years) of Science in Sustainable Design, 120 ECTSEngineering Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6700 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe challenge of sustainable design is to develop products and networks, which can transform systems of consumption and production to be more sustainable.
The Master’s programme in Sustainable Design combines sustainable product design with tools from innovation theory, practice theory and user-oriented design. Visualisation and experimentation are important strategies to develop new innovative solutions, which can overcome system dependencies and achieve sustainable system transformation in various societal sectors.
You will engage in challenging design-oriented problem solving in collaboration with NGO´s, companies, public institutions and professional groups. Perhaps you design and develop future relief tents, robot vacuum cleaners or bike airbags. You can also work with rehabilitation of older, energy-efficient mobility or waste systems in cities.
During the first three semesters you will learn:
- Innovation possibilities in relation to the organisation, economics and market
- How design and innovation can be realised in organisations and on the market
- How it is possible to face sustainability challenges through a design approach.
Career OpportunitiesGraduates may work in industry and public organizations to conceive, stage and carry out innovative processes leading to design and implementation of sustainable products, services and socio-material system solutions.Graduates from the programme are expected to have many possible career paths, for example:
- Design Engineers who develop sustainable products or systems in a public or private company.
- Process Consultant who produce innovative processes
- Consulting engineer
- Self-employed entrepreneur
AdmissionYou can apply for enrolment in the Master in Sustainable Design at Aalborg University Copenhagen if you have completed one of the following Bachelor´s degrees:
- Design and Innovation (Technical University of Denmark)
- Integrated Design (University of Southern Denmark)
- Architecture and Design (Aalborg University)
- Sustainable Design (Aalborg University)
- Scientific, technical and engineerical qualifications
- Qualifications within design and visualisation
- Qualifications within the socio-technical field
Read more about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System