Thermal Energy and Process Engineering (Energy Engineering)
Master (2 years) of Science in Engineering (Energy Engineering), 120 ECTSEngineering Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6700 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe MSc specialisation in Thermal Energy and Process Engineering (TEPE) is primarily focused on thermal energy technologies and systems, and it covers advanced aspects of energy system modelling, heat- and mass transfer, control engineering and experimental work with focus on different components and energy system aspects.
The themes for the three semesters are particularly focused on Thermal Energy and Process Engineering and in-depth understanding of the technologies and scientific disciplines involved in energy conversion, utilisation and transport. The education is multidisciplinary and covers the integration of general engineering disciplines, such as thermal systems, fluid- and aerodynamics, control engineering and electrical engineering.
The objectives of the Thermal Energy and Process Engineering MSc syllabus are:
- General understanding of the design, modelling and optimisation of energy systems used in various energy production applications
- Understanding the detailed operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of key thermal energy conversion technologies
- Detailed insight into system integration with respect to both system efficiency and control engineering aspects of energy systems
- Developing, constructing and operating thermal energy conversion technologies in the laboratory and in real applications, and
- Insight into the topics related to the practical realisation and implementation of thermal energy technologies and systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations.
Career OpportunitiesThe gained knowledge enables the MSc graduates to work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions, e.g. energy companies, process engineering companies, a wide range of producers of high efficiency energy devices and counselling companies involved in energy technology and systems. Examples of possible employers are:
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and DongEnergy
- Process engineering companies such as FLSmidth A/S, Babcock&Wilcox Vølund ApS
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy devices such as Grundfos A/S, Dantherm Power A/S, Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Siemens Wind Power A/S
- Counselling companies involved in energy technology and systems
AdmissionAdmission to the MSc programme in Thermal Energy and Process Engineering presupposes a BSc degree in Thermal Energy Engineering, Combustion Technology, or similar.
In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is at a specified level.
Read more about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System