Master (2 years) of Science in Mechanical Design, 120 ECTSEngineering Mathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6700 EUR|
DescriptionStructures of the past are fascinating, new technologies and materials mean more complex buildings today, mechanical structures and devices are used everywhere, and proper design of structures is extremely important.
Do you have an interest in constructions and mechanical systems? Do you like to work with computer programs? Can you work independently and come up with creative solutions? Then the MSc programme in Esbjerg is definitely something for you.
The MSc programme in Mechanical Design in Esbjerg may be something for you if you:
- Are fascinated by large modern constructions
- Are curious how modern constructions and mechanical devices are designed
- Want to be able to design structures and mechanical systems
- Like to work with computers and computer programs
- Want to link the gap between the complicated theory and practical applications
- Want to become a professional structural engineer
- A close collaboration with the industry
- Securing realistic and relevant projects by collaborating with the industry
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and modelling techniques
- Commercial FEA software packages: ANSYS and ABAQUS and PLAXIS
- Learning about proper design of structural details and mechanical systems
- Offshore structures design
- Programming: MatLab, Fortran, Python
- Experimental methods and LabVIEW
Career OpportunitiesGraduates from Civil Engineering and Mechanical Design have many possible career paths and have well-developed skills for working with others from different professional and cultural backgrounds. Many of the graduated engineers from Esbjerg are employed in the offshore industry in Esbjerg. General examples of work fields:
- Design of bridges and foundation for wind turbines
- Construction of larger building projects as offshore wind turbines and jackets
- Planning and administration
About the DegreeThe Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering and Mechanical Design in Esbjerg is founded on our research fields and a close collaboration with our partners from the industry in the Esbjerg area. It focuses on fatigue and fracture problems in welded constructions and composites.
AdmissionAdmission to the programme requires a Bachelor of Science in Engineering within Mechanical Design. For further information regarding deadlines and requirements please see the website How to apply to Aalborg University
In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is at a specified level.
Read about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System