Process Engineering and Combustion Technology (Sustainable Energy Engineering)
Master (2 years) of Science in Engineering (Sustainable Energy Engineering), 120 ECTSEngineering
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6700 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe MSc in Process Engineering and Combustion Technology (PECT) primarily focuses on advanced competences in combustion technology, bio energy systems, fluid mechanics and flow systems, including CFD and multiphase flows. The programme covers energy system modelling, control and diagnostic of these systems.
Enrolled in the programme you will receive the technical, conceptual and methodological tools to work professionally in the promising and innovative area of combustion energy systems .You will learn about planning and organisation of people, infrastructure, communication, media and components of a service, in order to improve its quality, the interaction between service provider and customers and the customers’ experience
The objectives of the Process Engineering and Combustion Technology MSc syllabus are
- General understanding of the design, modelling and optimisation of combustion energy systems used in various energy production applications
- Understanding of the detailed operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of key combustion and bio energy conversion technologies
- Detailed insight into system integration with respect to both system efficiency and control engineering aspects of energy systems
- Development, construction and operation of combustion energy conversion technologies and bio energy systems in laboratory and in real applications
- Insight into the topics related to the practical realisation and implementation of thermal energy technologies and systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of the programme typically work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions.
Examples of possible employers are:
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and DongEnergy
- Process engineering companies such as FLSmidth A/S, Babcock & Wilcox Vølund ApS
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy devices such as Grundfos A/S Dantherm Power A/S
- Counselling companies involved in energy technology and systems
AdmissionAdmission to the MSc programme in Combustion Technology presupposes a BSc degree in Thermal Energy Engineering, Thermal Processes or similar.
In addition, documentation will be required to verify that your proficiency in English is at an acceptable level.
Read more about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System