Offshore Energy Systems (Sustainable Energy Engineering)
Master (2 years) of Science in Offshore Energy Systems, 120 ECTSEngineering
|Institution||Aalborg University (AAU)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6700 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionIn the MSc programme in Offshore Energy Systems (OES), you will study technologies related to different kinds of energy systems such as offshore wind turbines and oil rigs, wave energy, etc.
The programme covers various technologies for energy transfer, harvesting and control of offshore energy systems. As a student you will learn about how to design, analyse and model mechanical systems, fluid power systems and electrical systems with complex dynamics and elements with non-linear behaviour.
The objectives of the Offshore Energy Systems MSc syllabus are:
- General understanding of the design, modelling and optimisation of energy systems used in various offshore energy applications
- Understanding the detailed operation, functionality and interaction between the various components of offshore energy systems
- Detailed insight into system integration with respect to both system efficiency and control engineering aspects of offshore energy systems
- Developing, constructing and operating offshore energy systems in the laboratory and in real applications
- Insight into the topics related to the practical realisation and implementation of offshore energy systems concerning both innovative aspects, business planning and economical considerations.
- How to analyse and design subsystems for offshore wind turbines,
- How to model complex offshore energy systems and
- How to develop advanced control algorithms for offshore energy systems
Career OpportunitiesSustainable Energy engineers with the specialisation in Offshore Energy Systems have a wide range of job opportunities.The gained knowledge enables the MSc graduates to work in project engineering, research, development and management in Danish and international industries or public institutions.
Examples of possible employers
- Energy companies such as Vattenfall and DongEnergy
- Offshore energy companies such as Mærsk Olie og Gas AS, Offshore Center Danmark
- A wide range of producers of high efficiency energy systems such as Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Siemens Wind Power A/S, KK-electronics
- Counselling companies involved in energy technology and systems
AdmissionAdmission to the MSc programme in Offshore Energy Systems presupposes a BSc degree in Dynamic Systems, Mechatronic Control Engineering or similar.
In addition, documentation will be required to verify that your proficiency in English is at an acceptable level.
Read more about the language requirements of Aalborg University
Apply directly at Aalborg University with all relevant documentation.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg University directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System