International Honours Degree in Teaching
Bachelor of Teacher, 240 ECTSTeacher's training
|Institution||University College Zealand|
DescriptionUniversity College Zealand (UCZ) offers an international honor’s degree as part of the Professional Bachelor’s Degree in Teacher Education.
The increased number of international schools worldwide is creating a high demand for teachers with intercultural competences. As a response to this demand, UCZ has developed an honor’s degree with an international focus.
All students must apply to the Danish Teacher
Education program that authorizes you to teach in the Danish primary and
lower secondary schools. Once you are enrolled, you have two options
for pursuing an international profile:
About the Degree
- You can take individual modules in English from the honor’s degree. It will be noted on your diploma that you have obtained intercultural competences from these modules. The rest of your classes will be in Danish.
- You can apply to complete the full honor’s degree as part of your Danish Teacher Education degree.
AdmissionThe general admission requirements for international students include one of the following international certificates:
- A Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate (STX, HF, HHX, HTX, EUX, GIF)
- The Danish/French Baccalauréat (DFB)
- The European Baccalaureate (EB)
- The International Baccalaureate (IB)
- The Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB)
- Another foreign qualifying examination certificate that can be equated with a Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate.
- English: Corresponding to Danish B-level
- A grade average of 7.0 (equivalent to ECTS grade C)
- If your grade average is below 7.0 or have a foreign or international degree, you must apply by 15 March and attend an interview (face-to-face or Skype)