Water and Environment
Master (2 years) of Science in Water and Environment, 120 ECTSAgriculture and environment
|Institution||University of Copenhagen (KU)|
|Campus||Sino-Danish Center, Beijing, China|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe two-year MSc programme in Water and Environment enables you to work professionally with the sustainable use and management of the world's freshwater resources. The programme takes place in China, near Beijing.
As a student of Water and Environment you will start with courses in the basic disciplines of hydrology, freshwater ecology, applied statistics, nutrient cycling and biogeochemistry, contaminants and ecotoxicology, methods in numerical decision systems and modelling.
In the second semester you will take more specific solution-oriented courses such as water pollution control, soil and groundwater remediation, geospatial ecology, urban water management, global change and integrated catchment modelling.
Read more about the structure of the programme.
Career OpportunitiesWith an MSc in Water and Environment you can work within research, administration, consultancy, and project management. Through employment in, for example:
- Engineering consultancy companies
- Manufacturing companies, including companies that manufacture environmental technology products
- Ministries and public administration institutions that set the political framework for the regulation of water and environment and carry out supervisory tasks
- Educational institutions
- Research institutions and companies
- International organisations
- Food and pharmaceutical companies
- Professional agricultural organisations, including consultancy firms
AdmissionTo be admitted to the MSc programme in Water and Environment, you must have:
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher in a natural science field such as Agricultural Science, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Natural Resources. The Bachelor’s degree must as a minimum include basic courses in mathematics, chemistry, biology and statistics.
- High-level English language proficiency.
- BSc in Natural Resources, specialisation in Environmental Science
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Agriculture, Food and the Environment, specialisation in Agriculture and the Environment
- BSc in Geology
- BSc in Environmental Technology
Application takes place through an online application portal to find out how and when to apply, please go to this page.
If you have any questions regarding the Water and Environment programme please contact China-cooordinator Vibe Aarøe Drostgaard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on +45 35320413.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA, or from Switzerland.
Further informationRead more about the MSc programme in Water and Environment which takes place in China
You can also find more information on the website: http://www.sinodanishcenter.com/
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System