International Public Administration and Politics
Master (2 years) of International Public Administration and Politics, 120 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting Law, public administration, public order and safety
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4050 EUR|
DescriptionThe master's in International Public Administration and Politics (IPAP) educates highly-skilled professionals with the knowledge and competences needed to act effectively in an increasingly complex global and international environment. IPAP draws from the fields of public administration and political science and focuses on Europe and the Western World.
- Obligatory course 1 Civil Servants in International Public Administration and Politics with methods and skills course on Communication in an Intercultural Context
- Obligatory course 2 Institutions and Actors in International Public Administration and Politics with advanced methods and skills course on Data Analysis and Statistics
- Obligatory course 3 International Public Economics
- Project 1
- Obligatory course 4Europeanization of Politics and Public Policy
- Obligatory course 5Comparative Public Administration
- Method course 1Negotiation Techniques in a Cross Border Context
- Project 2
- Optional course 1
- Optional course 2
- Method course 2
- Or:Internship based project
- Master Thesis
Career OpportunitiesIPAP graduates will find employment as administrators, managers and policy advisors in public and private organisations with international dimensions to their activities. This includes positions in public authorities at local, regional, state, European and international levels as well as non-governmental organisations, think tanks and private companies operating in cross-border and transnational contexts.
About the degreeIPAP focuses on the interplay between politics and public administration and on the interaction between different levels of governance in policy making. These levels span from sub-national and national levels over EU, European, inter- and transnational levels.
AdmissionThe general requirements for admission to the Master’s programme are:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor´s degree within the field of study of the Master’s programme.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English. IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL paper-based: 550 or TOEFL computer-based: 225 or TOEFL internet-based: 80.
Applicants whose native language is English or applicants whose first university degree was completed at an English speaking university need not enclose a proficiency test. Documentation regarding this must be enclosed.
How and where to apply
At RUC you can enrol as a guest student or as an exchange student. Read more about your possibillities using the following links:
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
RUC charges an application fee for applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination or a Bachelor´s degree issued by a Danish university.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationHow to contact RUC
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System