Computer Science and Informatics
Master (2 years) of Computer Science and Informatics, 120 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts Mathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||7150 EUR|
DescriptionThis Masters programme is a combination of two equal subjects (each 60 ECTS points), Informatics and Computer Science.
Informatics gives you the skills to understand the possibilities and limitations attached to the implementation and application of IT in terms of public administration, private companies, the health sector, education or cooperation relations in a company, to name some examples.
At Computer Science, you receive a deep theoretical and methodological understanding of computer science’s core material. You learn how to combine theory, method and the practical application. At the same time, you learn basic programming, information structuring and design. You learn how to go from productdescription to action plan; how to find the best solution to a problem; how to test a finished system.
About the DegreeThe Master´s programme of Informatics consists of two modules:
- Module 1: The central theme is application of IT. You will learn about core areas of Informatics in regards to theories, concepts, methods and techniques related to analyzing and realizing IT applications.
- Module 2: During this module, you work with an independently chosen, specific, advanced project within the field of Informatics.
- Module 1: The focus is on computer-based technologies and the module covers subjects such as machine construction, operating systems, distributed systems, databases, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, web technology, etc.
- Module 2: During this module, you will specialise within a limited computer scientic field and write a project or a thesis.
AdmissionThe general requirements for admission to the Master’s programme are:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor´s degree within the field of study of the Master’s programme.
Students who wish to apply for a combination Master’s programme must have an educational background which is relevant to both subjects of the combination. If this is not the case the student, if generally qualified, will be required to do prerequisite studies at Bachelor level within the subjects for which the student is not fully qualified.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English. IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL paper-based: 550 or TOEFL computer-based: 225 or TOEFL internet-based: 80.
Applicants whose native language is English or applicants whose first university degree was completed at an English speaking university need not enclose a proficiency test. Documentation regarding this must be enclosed.
How and where to apply
At RUC you can enrol as a guest student or as an exchange student. Read more about your possibillities using the following links:
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
RUC charges an application fee for applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination or a bachelor´s degree issued by a Danish university.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationHow to contact RUC
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System