Global Studies and Business Studies
Master (2 years) of Global Studies and Business Studies, 120 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4050 EUR|
DescriptionThis Master´s programme is a combination of two equal subjects (each 60 ECTS points), Business Studies and Global Studies.
The scientific study of businesses revolves around seing them as social and organisational systems in which behaviour is conditioned by economics. In Business Studies you work with analysis of a number of different issues around the business' use of human, economical and natural ressources. This offers several possibilities and perspectives to the study of the business ranging from a sociological angel to a more market oriented analysis of the business and its functioning.
Global Studies focuses on the motivation forces behind the globalisation and its effect on the three central spheres of the society: The state, the markets and civil society.
About the degreeThe Master´s programme of Business Studies consists of two modules:
- Module 1: The development, organisation & management of the firm.
- Module 2: The economy, administration and strategy of the firm.
- Globalisation, Political Culture, Civil Society and Social Movements
- The Globalisation of Goods, Bads and Welfare
- Global Politics, Global Governance, Regionalization and State Sovereignty
You can choose to write your thesis at Business Studies, at Global Studies, or as an integrated thesis, combining both of your subjects in an interdisciplinary thesis.
AdmissionThe general requirements for admission to the Master’s programme are:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor´s degree within the field of study of the Master’s programme.
Students who wish to apply for a combination Master’s programme must have an educational background which is relevant to both subjects of the combination. If this is not the case the student, if generally qualified, will be required to do prerequisite studies at Bachelor level within the subjects for which the student is not fully qualified.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English. IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL paper-based: 550 or TOEFL computer-based: 225 or TOEFL internet-based: 80.
Applicants whose native language is English or applicants whose first university degree was completed at an English speaking university need not enclose a proficiency test. Documentation regarding this must be enclosed
How and where to apply
At RUC you can enrol as a guest student or as an exchange student. Read more about your possibillities using the following links:
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
RUC charges an application fee for applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination or a Bachelor´s degree issued by a Danish university.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationHow to contact RUC
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System