Business Studies and Communication Studies
Master (2 years) of Business Studies and Communication, 120 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4950 EUR|
Would you like to work with international business communications?The master’s programme Business Studies + Communication Studies will qualify you to work in an international or intercultural context with communication of corporate strategies and policies, marketing, planning, design and communications of organizational and change processes in companies.
Business Studies contributes insight into the company's organisation, management, development and its organisation of both internal and external resources, functions and relationships with the outside world. Communication contributes theoretical and practical knowledge of the conditions for strategic communication in a technical context for different audiences, including internal and external communications within and from institutions, companies and organisations.
You will be qualified to perform tasks related to the analysis and communication of company strategies and policies. You will acquire special skills to work with strategic communications in an international or intercultural context for a variety of audiences.
CareerThe programme offers you a wide range of job opportunities in:
- Communication of corporate strategies and policies
- Design, planning and communication of organizational and change processes in companies and organizations
- Marketing of companies’ activities, products and services
- Consultancies’ advisory services regarding organizational matters and communication
- NGOs' information work and advisory services for members
This degree qualifies you for a PhD.
Facts about the programmeDegree: Master of Science (MSc) in Social Sciences in Business Studies and Communication
Language of tuition: English
AdmissionThe general requirements for admission to the Master’s programme are:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor's degree within the field of study of the Master’s programme.
Students who wish to apply for a combination Master’s programme must have an educational background which is relevant to both subjects of the combination. If this is not the case the student, if generally qualified, will be required to do prerequisite studies at Bachelor level within the subjects for which the student is not fully qualified.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English. IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL paper-based: 550 or TOEFL computer-based: 225 or TOEFL internet-based: 80.
Applicants whose native language is English or applicants whose first university degree was completed at an English speaking university need not enclose a proficiency test. Documentation regarding this must be enclosed.
How and where to apply
At RUC you can enrol as a guest student or as an exchange student. Read more about your possibillities using the following links:
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
RUC charges an application fee for applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination or a Bachelor´s degree issued by a Danish university.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationHow to contact RUC
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System