Economics and Business Administration
Master (2 years) of Economics and Business Administration, 120 ECTSEconomics, commerce, management and accounting
|Institution||Roskilde University (RUC)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4050 EUR|
DescriptionThe weight in this Master's degree is on theoretic aspects of management, which will be related to practical ways of leading.
Relevant fields of interest within the subject of Economics and Business Administration could be for example Project Management and Self Management, Customer Relation Management and Account Management, Facility Management, Business Process Management and Management Information Systems, Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility, Human Ressource Management.
About the degreeThe study programme consists of four master modules:
- Advanced Economics & Business Administration. The objective of the module is to provide the student with insight into the organisation, management and development of an enterprise's internal and external resouces and functions.
- Enterprise development: Innovation & ICT. The objective of the module is to provide in-depth insight into development processes in the enterprise, including organisational development and advanced strategic theory. The module is also intended to provide knowledge of innovation theory and entrepreneurship, and train the student's ability to work with the analytical tools of business studies, including accounts and financial analysis, in order to study the company's development.
- The enterprise's institutional framework in the globalised marketplace. The objective of the module is to provide insight into theories of corporate institutional frameworks and processes, and develop the student's understanding of the new requirements towards the interplay of enterprises with the surrounding world, including relations with the labour market. It is also intended to provide the student with an understanding of the enterprise's strategic responses to changes in institutionalisation processes.
- Thesis module - enterprise administration and strategic management. The objective of the module is for students to combine the skills they have acquired from the other master's modules by writing a thesis.
AdmissionThe general requirements for admission to the Master’s programme are:
- A Bachelor's degree equivalent to a Danish Bachelor´s degree within the field of study of the Master’s programme.
Students who wish to apply for a combination Master’s programme must have an educational background which is relevant to both subjects of the combination. If this is not the case the student, if generally qualified, will be required to do prerequisite studies at Bachelor level within the subjects for which the student is not fully qualified.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English. IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL paper-based: 550 or TOEFL computer-based: 225 or TOEFL internet-based: 80.
Applicants whose native language is English or applicants whose first university degree was completed at an English speaking university need not enclose a proficiency test. Documentation regarding this must be enclosed.
How and where to apply
At RUC you can enrol as a guest student or as an exchange student. Read more about your possibillities using the following links:
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
RUC charges an application fee for applicants from countries outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who do not hold a Danish entry examination or a Bachelor´s degree issued by a Danish university.
If you are granted one of the following types of residence permit, you are not required to pay the application fee:
- A permanent residence permit in Denmark ("Permanent opholdstilladelse")
- A temporary residence permit with the possibility of a permanent residence in Denmark ("Opholdstilladelse med mulighed for varigt ophold")
- A residence permit in Denmark according to the EU/EEA regulations (Opholdstilladelse jf. EF/EØS bekendtgørelsen")
For Further InformationHow to contact RUC
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System