Master of Arts in Architecture
Master (2 years) of Architecture, Design, Planning, 120 ECTSArchitecture, design and visual arts Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Aarhus School of Architecture|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||6500 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionAarhus School of Architecture offers a two-year master programme. The objective of the programme is to educate graduates who can make a professional contribution to the development of architecture.
On our master programmes you will:
- gain knowledge and professional insight into working on artistic and academic issues, as well as architecture’s theories, methods and forms of practice.
- acquire skills for working with artistic and academic methods and tools, mastering the subject’s analysis, dissemination and solution models.
- get equipped to start a professional career.
Career Opportunities: our master programmes in architecture train you to work professionally as an architect and in the fields of research, artistic development and practice.
AdmissionEligibility: Bachelor Degree in Architecture. To be eligible to apply, applicants must have a bachelor degree in architecture or architectural studies from a nationally recognised school of architecture.This means that your school of architecture must be recognised by the national architectural association/body as a degree that leads to a professional qualification as an architect.In addition, the following criteria apply:
- Applicants must have successfully completed their bachelor studies prior to the start of the programme.
- Students studying programmes that only lead to master degrees must submit documentation from their school/university that they have/will have completed studies equivalent to a bachelor degree.
- Applicants whose degree is in a major-minor system, must have their major in architecture. Applicants with a minor in architecture or architectural studies are noteligible.
- Applicants with bachelor degrees in all other subjects, including design, interior architecture, construction, and engineering, are not eligible for admission.
- In Denmark, only applicants with bachelor degrees from KADK or Aarhus School of Architecture are eligible for admission.
Results are only valid for two years, and must be taken within the two years prior to the application deadline.
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact Aalborg Unoiversity directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://ufm.dk/en/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System