Photojournalism - The Language of Photojournalism
Short-term programme of Photojournalism - The Language of Photojournalism , 30 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Danish School of Media and Journalism (DMJX)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4000 EUR|
DescriptionThis semester offers you a chance to combine photojournalistic training with intensive studies. The programme focuses on the language of photojournalism combined with the journalistic disciplines like writing and adding sound to pictures.
Course aimsAs a result of this semester you can achieve the following:
- Learn to use the visual language of photojournalism to tell stories that have an impact on the readers.
- Be able to combine sound and video with still images, making the media support each other.
- Edit and layout your picture stories in a professional way.
- Ability to make advanced portraits showing more than the face of a person.
- Increase your understanding of the problems and possibilities facing the Scandinavian welfare model in modern Europe by living and working in Denmark.
- Grow as a prospective photojournalist by working and studying in an atmosphere that combines practical teaching with academic studies.
- Create life-long professional and personal bonds by being part of an international group of students from all over the world.
AdmissionTo apply for the course Photojournalism 1: The Language of Photojournalism you must have:
- a minimum of 2 years training and/or experience in journalism/photojournalism.
All courses are taught in English. Participants must have a good command of the English language, both written and oral. Non-native English speakers should include a copy of their TOEFL test results (minimum score 550 or computer based 80)/ IELTS test of 6.5 or have the test results sent to our address).
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://en.ufm.dk/.
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System