Europe in the World
Master (1 year) of Europe in the World, 60 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||Danish School of Media and Journalism (DMJX)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4400 EUR|
DescriptionUnderstanding Europe through reading, writing, travelling and living in two European countries and cover European affairs with a world perspective in even more countries is what Europe in the World is all about.
The Utrecht part concentrates on Europe and the European Union: its politics, culture and identity, social economic structure and relevant policies and legislation. The Utrecht part of the programme provides you with the theoretical framework, contextualized within the journalism profession. In the practical workshop “Reporting Europe” all theory is translated into web based products that reflect the broad field of journalism and media. In Aarhus the focus of the programme changes, the perspective becomes wider: from Europe to the world. The position of Europe in the world will be discussed in various lectures and assignments with focus on foreign policy and euroreporting.
Career OpportunitiesAs a result of this semester you can achieve the following:
- Attain knowledge of methods and theories of cultural analysis and an understanding of the challenges of cross cultural communication
- Understand selected disciplines of corporate communication such as branding, reputation, change and risk management and corporate social responsibility
- Understand how enterprises use different communication disciplines in order to deal with the challenges of doing business in a complex world
- Experience economy and event management as a way of creating growth and innovation through experience-based business development
- Establish an understanding of selected theories and models of macro economics
- Attain basic knowledge of mechanisms in economic policies and of how changes and development in the economy affect the conditions of doing business
- Increased understanding of the interaction between the marked of goods, the market of money and the market of labour
- Increased ability to operate in an integrated and globalized world
- Opportunity of lifelong professional and personal bonds by being part of an international group of students from all over the world
AdmissionTo apply for the course Europe in the World you must have:
- a minimum of 2 years of studies in communication
Non-native English speakers should include a copy of their TOEFL test results (minimum score 550 or computer based 80)/ IELTS test of 6.5 or have the test results sent to our address).
If you are a citizen in a EU country, you need to be enrolled at a home institution/university in order to apply for the course.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://en.ufm.dk/.
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System