Short-term programme of Global Health,Health care, social services, and care services Interdisciplinary Studies
|Institution||University College of Northern Denmark (UCN)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||1930 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||1073 EUR|
Global Health is concerned with improving health and achieving equality in
health for people worldwide and this course it is of highly relevance for undergraduate
At the course the participant will:
- study in an intercultural and inter-professional class
- cooperate with health organisations, municipalities, work places e.g.
- learn about different perspectives in Global Health
- become aware of own profession in inter professional and multicultural collaboration
Supplementary qualifications to degrees in health.
About the Degree
The course is 18 ECTS and contents different themes and project work.
3 ECTS: Global Health - prevention and health promotion focusing on women and elderly.
3 ECTS: Organisation and Cooperation
3 ECTS: Health and Intercultural Communication
2 ECTS: Welfare Technology and Innovation
3 ECTS: Health Science, Research Methods and Ethics
4 ECTS: Clinical Visits, Project Work and Examinations
To reach 3 months and 20 ECTS the exchange can start one week earlier OR end one week later.
Qualifications and application
International and Danish students enrolled at University College studying Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Midwifery, Radiography, Speech therapy OR other health-related programmes can apply to participate in this module.
- You must be a second or third year student at the start of the international module in Global Health.
- You must be able to follow a discussion and communicate in English.
In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is at a
Autumn module: 1 April
Spring module: 1 October
Apply directly at http://www.ucnorth.dk/Home/Programmes-Courses/Global_Health.aspx
Costs and accommodation
The module is free of tuition for students from partner universities. Fundraising from Erasmus/Nordplus should be arranged by the home institution. If UCN has no agreement with the home institution OR the student has completed an undergraduate degree, we are obliged to charge a tuition fee for EU citizen and for citizen outside EU. During the module a number of social events will be arranged during the course. For your accommodation, please look
- www.facebook.com/groups/115494521840868/ - “Roommate in Aalborg”
- www.facebook.com/groups/375244989259316 - “Accommodation in Denmark”
UCN do have very limited support for accommodation, but we have some contacts to a few flats to be rented.
For Further Information
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System