Living and Learning Together - Teacher Education
Short-term programme of Outdoor learning and creative teaching, 30 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts Teacher's training
|Institution||University College South Denmark|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4600 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
Description“Living and Learning Together” is a four-month international modular course, specially designed to foreign students. The course combines lectures, seminars, workshops and individual studies under guidance, excursions, school visits, field visits and practicing periods.
The course provides you with skills, knowledge and experience in order to increase your intercultural competence, i.e. the ability to live and work in heterogeneous groups.
You will become aware of qualities of your own as well as the qualities of other education systems, enabling you to teach in a reflective, innovative and creative manner.
Short Descriptions of the Course Modules:
1. Education and Culture in Europe (compulsory for all) 10 ECTS
This module consists of :
- A general introduction to Denmark, Danish history, culture and society and a Danish language course
- Project work called EDUtopia where students learn from eachother’s educational systems and attempt to synthesize the most optimal education system with inspiration from eachother. IT-tools in this project
- School experience (two weeks): Where you will observe the Danish school and maybe you can do teaching as well.
- LEGO BuildToExpress – How to use LEGO in the classroom as a pedagogical tool.
- Learn to be an International Coordinator by preparing an International week together with the International coordinator of University College South Denmark.
2a. Creative Learning in Schools and the Freedom Writers peda-gogy. (Elective module) 10 ECTS
- Students focus on the creative and “aesthetic” learning processes. You will work hands-on with art, filmmaking, pictures, storytelling and roleplays and a lot more.
Attached to this module University College South Denmark has a qualified teacher from the Freedom Writers Academy in the USA. This course will focus on writing as a means for understanding one-self and at times you might feel that this is getting very personal – So be prepared to get a deep understanding of yourself and the conditions of human life in a late-modern society.
2b. Outdoor Learning and Living for World Citizenship (Elective module) 10 ECTS
- We will move outside the classroom in this module. You will live for three - four days in a “Iron Age village” as such looked like and worked in the years 500 (B.C.) – 850 (A.C.). We will go back to nature to learn about how to take care of nature in the theoretical light of “World Citizenship”. You will also trek along the old “Oksevej” (Ox road) and you will experience how to make fire yourself and many other things! You will also learn about plants and the landscape in order to pass that on to kids in schools in many different sub-jects.
2c. English (elective module) 10 ECTS
- You will follow a module with Danish students studying to become English teachers. You must be an English language teacher student yourself to choose this module.
term programme is intended to be part of an education as teacher for primary and lower secondary education.
AdmissionStudents must have sufficient oral and written English language skills.
Go to website for further information.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students who hold a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
Further informationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System