Bachelor of Web Development, 90 ECTSMathematics, natural- and computer science
|Institution||Zealand Institute of Business and Technology (ZIBAT)|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4733 EUR|
|Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH)||0 EUR|
DescriptionThe purpose of Web Development is to qualify the students to work independently in designing and constructing web applications of all sizes. The programme is divided into three semesters including a company internship and a bachelor project in a company. During the first two semesters the programme will cover the following subjects:
- Databases and XML where you analyse and use the rational model and/or XML as an integrated part of a web application
- Development environments and CMS where you make a choice between development environments in relation to platform and network. Furthermore, you must be able to choose between Content Management Systems depending on which functionalities and platform you want
- Web communication and network sociology where you may work with development of network based communication solutions across platforms, media and applications
- Interface design and Digital aesthetics where you work with the link between function and form taking into consideration aesthetics and user aspects
- Advanced media technologies where you may analyse and produce advanced media technological productions. Especially, you will work with video,sound and animation
- Project Management where you will work with the processes needed to runan organisation
- Security, where you will work with data security
- Philosophies of science where you will study key concepts and theories to describe the relations between man, science and technology
Career OpportunitiesThe emphasis is on the students working with technologies, which will ensure that they will be prepared to assume many different jobs such as: Internet Programmer (web, html, java, perl), Multimedia Programmer, System Developer, Webmaster, Application Developer, Web Developer, IT Developer, etc.
About the DegreeThe curriculum and learning objectives of the programme are based on research into the future requirements of the web and media industry for staff with a broad foundation in web and multimedia technologies. The purpose of the programme is to qualify the students to work independently in designing and constructing web applications of all sizes.
AdmissionFor admission directly to the bachelor top-up programmes the following educational qualifications are required:
- an AP Degree in Computer Science or
- an AP Degree in Multimedia Design or
- an AP Degree in Design, Technology and Business or
- an equivalent international higher education Degree within Computer Science, Multimedia Design, Web Development or Web Programming (if this is your admission qualification you must attach the diploma, all transcripts and a detailed description of your programme/degree in English to the application)
In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is equal to a specific academic score. Please contact the institution for further information
Apply directly at ZIBAT with all relevant documentation. Fill in the application form found on www.zibat.dk and send it with relevant documentation attached in one single pdf-file to email@example.com.
If you need further assistance with the application procedure please contact the academy.
Note that you can also apply through one of the institute's agents and representatives
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact ZIBAT directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students with a citizenship from outside of EU/EAA/Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://en.fivu.dk/
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System