THINK PLAY PARTICIPATE Studying in Denmark is all about you - Pushing the boundaries, expressing yourself, working with others, applying critical thinking and turning new learning into innovative solutions. Be ambitious. Study in Denmark.

Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management

Academy Profession Degree of Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management, 120 ECTS

Institution Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education
Campus Landbrugsvej 55
Duration 2 years
Tuition per term (EU/EAA/CH) 0 EUR
The programme in Hospitality and Tourism Management covers the development, planning and provision of services to organisations in the service and tourist industries, including hotels and restaurants.

You learn about the structure of service organisations, management, finance and customer relations. You also study social and cultural factors that influence the industry.

Graduates of the programme are qualified to work with hotel and resaurant management, tourism or for cultural institutions and congress centres.

Career Opportunities  
With an AP Degree in Service, Hospitality, and Tourism Management you will gain a solid foundation for an exciting career. The education gives you opportunities for employment later on in Danish or foreign companies as:
  • Marketing Coordinator
  • Sales Coordinator
  • Food & Beverage Assistant
  • Event Coordinator
  • Front office Personnel
  • Travel Agency Booking Assistant
  • Project Assistant
  • Conference Personnel
  • Sponsor Advisor
About the Degree   
The Academy Profession programmes combine theory with practice and are suited for employment in business and industry. In some programmes students have the possiblity of a top-up degree in which they continue at a bachelor level within a prespecified or related field. The top-up degree is a 90 ECTS supplement programme resulting in a Professional Bachelor Degree. 

In order to be admitted into the study programme, you need to meet one of the following requirements:
  • Upper secondary certificate or diploma from the Nordic countries, the European Union, the Baltic countries or other countries that have signed the European Convention on the Equivalence of Diplomas Leading to Admission to Universities.
  • The International or the European Baccalaureate.
  • High school diplomas from the United States followed by one to two years of University or college studies in relevant subjects. This also applies to applicants with a high school diploma from countries with a similar educational system.
  • Other countries: upper secondary school plus one to two years' studies in relevant subjects at a University.

In addition, documentation may be required verifying that your proficiency in English is at a specified level. Read about the language requirements of Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education.   

Apply through the national electronic admission system, with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via

To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact [your institution] directly. A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education

Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.   

There is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students outside EU, EAA, or from Switzerland. Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.   

For Further Information
Information from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at   

You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition   

About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System

Landbrugsvej 55

Google Map
Click for a larger map.