Strategic Design Practice
Summer School of Strategic Design Practice,Humanities, social sciences, communication and arts
|Institution||VIA University College|
|Campus||Campus Aarhus C|
DescriptionSuccessful Strategic Design Practice has three key elements driving the innovation process forward.
The ability to use SDP to approach Wicked Problems:
- The process starts with intense looking and listening, trying to study people and conditions forming the context of the problem.
- At the core of SDP is also the significance of the context in which the solutions shall be unfolded. Through ongoing prototyping and testing SDP methods interact with the market in order to develop an idea/invention or a service. Fail early and allow new ideas to evolve.
- SDP is mainly a way to generate value through innovation, where the solutions are adapted to the social interactions, needs and behavior they are aimed at.
- Strategic Design Practice is as unpredictable and complex as any creative endeavor.Therefore you need a wide variety of competencies, for instance the ability to imagine and have new ideas and the ability to be realistic when choosing the best of those ideas.
- We each have strengths and challenges in relation to doing this type of work. That’s why the summer school through individual coaching offers you the opportunity to explore what are your strenghts in creative work processes are and what might be the challenges.
- The aim is to enable you to start cultivating your talents and to provide you with ways of handling parts of the work, which are ’not your cup of tea’, so that they might be integrated in a constructive way.
The ability to visually convey all stages of the designprocess:
- The visual toolkit is fundamental when it comes to organizing and communicating SDP internally as well as externally.
- In the initial process, Visual sensemaking and visual mapping are crucial in understanding and communicating innovation challenges and creating consent to solve them.
- When generating initial ideas, sketching and visualizing are essential tools in co-creative exploration.
- When testing design suggestions to a potential client, visual presentations and prototypes are crucial to the success of your pitch and the quality of the feedback your team needs to bring you closer to solving the problem.
Career OpportunitiesStrategic Design Pratice provides you with a different way of tacking a problem, one that’s centered on the needs of the person you are solving the problem for – in a contemporary context as well as potential future scenarios.
About the DegreeStrategic Design Practice is an innovative problem solving process, based on a combination of the designer's mindset with business-approaches to research and analyze. It is an innovation process model – consisting of a set of tools, creative and interdisciplinary processes. and a holistic approach containing technology, people and economy.
AdmissionThe summer school is for talents, so you have to have passed the first four semesters of your education. You will be chosen based on grades from your most recent two semesters and a written application (one page only) – What is your motivation and how do you see yourself contributing to the summer school?
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th June. Remember to attach documentation of your educational level and your written apllication (one page only).
Selected participants will recieve confirmation on 4th July.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System