International Class in Teacher Education
Short-term programme of VIA International Class in Teacher Education, 40 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts Teacher's training
|Institution||VIA University College|
|Campus||Campus Aarhus C|
|Tuition per term (Non-EU/EAA/CH)||4800 EUR|
DescriptionAs a full semester study programme you can join three of The International Modules. In an international study environment you will be among other students from different countries, mainly from Europe. The teaching methods of the course promote different and varied work and study forms, such as lectures, discussions, student presentations and group activities. Collaboration between teachers and students is based on the students’ individual initiative and independent work.
The compulsory subjects through the semester:
- The teacher's organisation of the teaching / Teacher knowledge and competence
- International Physical Education / Sports module
- Culture, English and Physical Education / Sport
- Internationalization and Entrepreneurship in the Danish primary and lower-secondary school
Career OpportunitiesOn completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Develop and implement an international dimension with intercultural perspectives in an educational context
- Design developmental plans, e. g. planning teaching sequences with point of departure in the international dimension and intercultural perspectives
- Cultivate intercultural communication skills and research skills with special reference to the international dimension in the Danish school.
- Understand the teaching profession with reference to the school and education systems in different countries, mainly the EU, including leadership in the classroom focusing on relationship and dialogue.
About the CourseThe aims of the course:
- To develop and to implement an international dimension with intercultural perspectives in the programme
- To be able to design developmental plans, e. g. planning teaching sequences focusing on the international dimension and intercultural perspectives
- To acquire intercultural communication skills and research skills with special reference to the international dimension in the Danish Folkeskole
- To develop an understanding of the teaching profession with reference to the school and education system in the EU and other countries and to leadership in the classroom concerning relationship and dialogue
AdmissionAll Danish students must complete English at a B-level according to the level system in Danish secondary schools or equivalent proof of English skills.
General requirements in English language (corresponding to Danish B-level):
IELTS - 6.0
TOEFL Internet-based - 80
TOEFL Computer-based - 213
TOEFL Paper-based - 550
Cambridge test - CAE
TOEIC test - 700
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact your institution directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionStudents within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
Students from institutions without a bilateral partner agreement must pay a tuition fee.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System