Danish Education, Culture, and Teaching
Short-term programme of Danish Education, Culture, and Teaching, 30 ECTSHumanities, social sciences, communication and arts Teacher's training
|Institution||VIA University College|
Description"DanECulT" is a three-month course open to students at the Teachers Education Silkeborg and its network partner colleges and universities in other countries. The course is to be recognized as an integrated element in teacher training in the students’ own countries.
- Danish history and the way Danish society works
- Danish language
- Danish literature, philosophy and art
- School and education in Denmark. 1
- A group project written during the course of the programme. Groups are to consist of two to four with students of different nationalities in each if possible. The project must be of at least 10 typewritten pages and must be connected to one of the four main areas of study and be approved by a member of staff. Counselling will be available for the students.
- An oral examination at the end of the course. Participants will be the individual project group, their tutor, and an external examiner. The oral examination will last 30 - 60 minutes (15 minutes per student).
Career OpportunitiesThe aim of the course is to offer student teachers the opportunity to acquire a fairly thorough knowledge of values and ways of thinking within education, art, literature, and politics in Denmark, past and present.
About the DegreeThe methods of the course range from lectures, seminars, groupwork, to visits to museums, excursions, and teacher practice. Lectures and workshops by visiting scholars will be offered during a programmed week of staff exchange.
AdmissionAll Danish students must complete English at a B-level according to the level system in Danish secondary schools or equivalent proof of English skills.
General requirements in English language (corresponding to Danish B-level):
IELTS - 6.0
TOEFL Internet-based - 80
TOEFL Computer-based - 213
TOEFL Paper-based - 550
Cambridge test - CAE
TOEIC test - 700
Apply through the national electronic admission system, optagelse.dk with all relevant documentation.
Read more about applying via optagelse.dk
If you need further assistance with the application procedure please contact the academy.
Note that you can also apply through one of the institute's agents and representatives
To find out whether the level of your foreign certificate or diploma satisfies the general entry requirements, you should contact your institution directly.
A list of the most commonly recognized exams and diplomas can be found at the Danish Agency for Higher Education http://en.fivu.dk/recognition
Exchange students should contact their home institution for information on application procedures and deadlines.
TuitionThere is a tuition fee for all full-time degree students from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
Students within an exchange programme are not required to pay tuition.
For Further InformationInformation from the Danish Agency for Higher Education can be located at http://ufm.dk/en
You will find information about the Danish assessment of foreign qualifications in Guide to diploma recognition
About the Educational System in general visit the section The Danish Higher Education System