Talent program to bring China's brightest to Denmark
They are the crude oil in the world's fastest growing economy. They are ambitious and tenacious. And they will thrive in innovative Danish companies. As global competition increases, Danish universities and companies are teaming up to offer China's best and brightest the opportunity to combine studies in Denmark with career opportunities in Danish companies.
Talent programme to attract Chinese to study and work in Denmark
'Top Talent' is the name of a new talent programme developed by he Innovation Center Denmark in Shanghai and the Danish Agency for International Education and It provides Danish universities and companies with an on-location platform for targeting and connecting with highly qualified Chinese students and professionals.
At the center of the talent programme is the web portal www.sinodanishnetwork.com. The portal allows Danish universities and companies to advertise vacancies; view profiles and connect with Chinese students and professionals. Conversely, Chinese students and professionals can market themselves and assess their academic and professional opportunities in Denmark.
This Sino-Danish Network portal is run by Innovation Center Denmark, Shanghai and will be marketed in collaboration with two of China's most popular social media, Sina Weibo and Renren.
Bridging knowledge between China and Denmark
The new talent program can be seen as part of the enriching exchange of knowledge between Denmark and China, and will help to further promote the growing Sino-Danish network within industry and academia. Denmark's ambassador to China, Friis Arne Petersen says about the Sino-Danish Network:
“Many Chinese already have relationships with Denmark either from working in a Danish company or simply by interest. Others are studying in Denmark or are alumni from Danish educational institutions. As important ‘ambassadors’ of Denmark we want to better connect with these “Sino-Danes” in order to get a mutually inspiring network and community with exchanges in a range of fields, including professionally, culturally and socially. I’m delighted that with the Sino-Danish Network we now have a platform for gathering and developing this network.”
- Friis Arne Petersen, Ambassador of Denmark to China.
Campaign to promote Danish universities at selected Chinese universities
The Top Talent program will be followed by a campaign in October 2011 which will introduce students at some of China´s top universities to a selection of Danish universities and subject areas.
In 2012, the agency and the innovation center will further organise a career caravan at Chinese universities in cooperation with the Danish companies and universities. The caravan will offer the best qualified Chinese students the opportunity to obtain an academic qualification in Denmark combined with work or training in a Danish company.
Danish universities and companies team up to attract Chinese
What is unique about the talent programme and the Sino-Danish network is that it has been established in close cooperation between Danish universities and companies. Arla Foods, Carlsberg, Chr. Hansen, Danfoss, Grundfos and Maersk have contributed with vacancies and Danish companies are eager to exploit the potential of cooperation with the Danish universities:
“The Sino-Danish Network and the Top Talent programme can fill a historic vacuum to bridge the dynamic human talent in China with professional and cultural training institutions in Denmark. The key word for Chr. Hansen´s participation in the network is “bridge" because it allows us to more efficiently attract Chinese talent to match specific project and job opportunities in our company.”
- Christian Overgaard, Regional Vice President, Asia Pacific Middle East & Africa Chr. Hansen A/S, Global Sales
Sino-Danish Alumni Network
Danish-Chinese network will also establish the first nationwide "Sino-Danish Alumni", consisting of Chinese who already have a connection to or are affiliated with Danish companies and institutions.
About the Top Talent programme, Sino-Danish Network
The Top Talent programme is developed by Innovation Center Denmark, Shanghai in cooperation with the Danish Agency for International Education - and is administered in partnership with the other Danish missions in China: The Danish Embassy in Beijing, the Danish Cultural Institute in Beijing, the Consulate General in Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shanghai and the Consulate and Trade Office in Chongqing.
In recent years, the Danish Agency for International Education has worked closely with the Innovation Center Denmark in Shanghai to organise Danish Education and Career days in China. Top Talent is the latest initiative to showcase the qualities of Danish higher education to a Chinese audience .
For further information please contact:
Technology & Research Attaché
Innovation Center Denmark, Shanghai
Mobile: (+86) 139 1698 8621
Signe Skov Andersen
Innovation Center Denmark, Shanghai
Mobile: (+86) 150 2649 0141
- Alexandra from Romania landed a dream job at Simens Dec 19, 2016
- Denmark has the happiest workforces in the world Dec 13, 2016
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016
- Denmark is in the top 10 list of "Best Countries for Education" 2016 Oct 28, 2016
- Denmark is one of the most LGBTQ-Friendly Study Abroad Destinations in the World Oct 21, 2016
- And the winner of the Top Talent Denmark 2016 contest is… Sep 30, 2016
- Aarhus University Moves Into Top 100 on the Rankings Sep 22, 2016
- TOP TALENT DENMARK EVENTS IN BRAZIL HAVE STARTED! Sep 09, 2016
- Pivotal data centre opens in Copenhagen Sep 02, 2016
- Second best in Europe: University of Copenhagen Aug 16, 2016
- Denmark has the World’s Second Best University for Engineering Degrees Aug 02, 2016
- Europe’s Best Workplaces Are in Denmark Jul 21, 2016
- Denmark has the Second Best Quality of Life in the World Jun 17, 2016
- Denmark has the 3rd. best Higher Education System in the World Jun 01, 2016
- Denmark named Top European Employment Destination for Graduates May 30, 2016
- Denmark signs student exchange agreement with South Korea May 23, 2016
- Rent a 'donkey' with your mobile May 18, 2016
- Denmark is the Happiest Country in the World 2016 May 09, 2016
- Denmark in the Race for Quantum Technology Apr 29, 2016
- Europe’s Most Advanced Air Lab Opens in Copenhagen Apr 21, 2016