Denmark a world leader in cleantech innovation
WWF and Cleantech Group has just released he first-of-its-kind Global Cleantech Innovation Index 2012, which examines 38 countries on 15 indicators related to the creation and commercialisation of cleantech start-ups. The countries with the best conditions for growth in the coming years are:
Denmark leads the field in cleantech innovation drivers and evidence of commercialized cleantech innovation, and also scores highly in fostering emerging cleantech companies.
The report notes:
Each country showed different strengths. Israel excels in the factor "evidence of emerging cleantech innovation"...Finland takes fourth place overall by coming second in both "inputs to innovation" factors as well as scoring well for emerging cleantech companies. Sweden and the USA show a common pattern, scoring well on "evidence of emerging cleantech companies" and "general innovation drivers". Sweden edged out the USA by scoring stronger (on a relative basis) on the "evidence of commercialized cleantech innovation" factor, mainly due to is relatively strong deployment of renewable energy.
- Denmark tops happiest country in the world 2017 Mar 20, 2017
- Copenhagen still among world’s most liveable cities Mar 15, 2017
- Aarhus University advances in major international academic ranking Mar 08, 2017
- Denmark is one of the world's best places to be young Mar 06, 2017
- Aarhus, Denmark heads the chart as the world's most mindful city Feb 15, 2017
- Danish Universities Top The World's Most International Universities 2017 Feb 02, 2017