Denmark a world leader in cleantech innovation
WWF and Cleantech Group has just released he first-of-its-kind Global Cleantech Innovation Index 2012, which examines 38 countries on 15 indicators related to the creation and commercialisation of cleantech start-ups. The countries with the best conditions for growth in the coming years are:
Denmark leads the field in cleantech innovation drivers and evidence of commercialized cleantech innovation, and also scores highly in fostering emerging cleantech companies.
The report notes:
Each country showed different strengths. Israel excels in the factor "evidence of emerging cleantech innovation"...Finland takes fourth place overall by coming second in both "inputs to innovation" factors as well as scoring well for emerging cleantech companies. Sweden and the USA show a common pattern, scoring well on "evidence of emerging cleantech companies" and "general innovation drivers". Sweden edged out the USA by scoring stronger (on a relative basis) on the "evidence of commercialized cleantech innovation" factor, mainly due to is relatively strong deployment of renewable energy.
- Aarhus, Denmark heads the chart as the world's most mindful city Feb 15, 2017
- Danish Universities Top The World's Most International Universities 2017 Feb 02, 2017
- Denmark is the least corrupt country in the world Jan 26, 2017
- Alexandra from Romania landed a dream job at Simens Dec 19, 2016
- Denmark has the happiest workforces in the world Dec 13, 2016
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016