Copenhagen tops in quality of living for expatriates
Copenhagen ranks ninth in the world in the Mercer 2011 Quality of Living Survey in which 221 cities are ranked based on the quality of life they offer expatriate executives and their families. This includes factors such as the political and social environment, public services and transport, health and sanitation.
The Danish Minister for Trade and Investment, Pia Olsen Dyhr, says about the result:
"The rating reflects the fact that we have much to offer when it comes to providing a good base for expats coming to work in Denmark. I think one of the most important things to emphasize is the good work-life balance in Denmark, where the management structure is mostly flat and informal, and everybody can speak out their opinion. Also, the Danish welfare state provides its citizens with high standards of social welfare such as free education and healthcare".
Denmark often gets good ratings in international surveys. The country consistently ranks as one of the most safe, egalitarian, innovative and least corrupt countries in the world. It also ransk very high on the World Bank’s “Doing Business” index, which compares business regulation in 183 economies in the world. You can read more about some of Denmark´s world standings in these links:
- Europe’s Best Workplaces Are in Denmark Jul 21, 2016
- Denmark has the Second Best Quality of Life in the World Jun 17, 2016
- Denmark has the 3rd. best Higher Education System in the World Jun 01, 2016
- Denmark named Top European Employment Destination for Graduates May 30, 2016
- Denmark signs student exchange agreement with South Korea May 23, 2016
- Rent a 'donkey' with your mobile May 18, 2016
- Denmark is the Happiest Country in the World 2016 May 09, 2016