California-Denmark Summer Workshop on Renewable Energy
The challenges posed by global climate changes, scarce natural resources, and the volatility of the international energy market require targeted action towards finding technologically, economically and socially viable solutions based on renewable energy (RE) sources.
Joint workshop by leading U.S. and Danish universities
The Denmark-California Summer Workshop on Renewable Energy is a unique educational initiative developed by leading universities in Denmark and California. Students and researchers from the UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, UC Merced, Technical University of Denmark and Aalborg University will meet in Denmark for a 3-week renewable energy summer workshop.
Participants will learn about the economics, politics, science, and technology behind RE implementation from leading experts, while exploring communities and relevant energy sites where such technology is in place or currently being implemented. The interdisciplinary approach and holistic perspective allows students with various academic backgrounds to interact and develop concrete final project ideas, while targeting today’s energy problems from different angles
Open For All Students
The workshop is intended for students of all disciplines, chosen on the basis of their academic qualifications, creativity, and commitment to RE. Each year, selected students from engineering, business, environmental studies, political science, geography, economics, and other fields are grouped together across disciplines and national ties to form project-based teams that throughout the workshop investigate the opportunities and challenges facing RE implementation.
Students Are Tomorrows Leaders
The emphasis of this workshop is to engage students in fieldwork to investigate and acquire data that will enable them to discover practical global solutions to renewable energy challenges.
- Danish universities among the best at producing employable graduates Nov 24, 2016
- Denmark is in the top 10 list of "Best Countries for Education" 2016 Oct 28, 2016
- Denmark is one of the most LGBTQ-Friendly Study Abroad Destinations in the World Oct 21, 2016
- And the winner of the Top Talent Denmark 2016 contest is… Sep 30, 2016
- Aarhus University Moves Into Top 100 on the Rankings Sep 22, 2016
- TOP TALENT DENMARK EVENTS IN BRAZIL HAVE STARTED! Sep 09, 2016
- Pivotal data centre opens in Copenhagen Sep 02, 2016