Some international students find employment in bars or restaurants. Others distribute newspapers, work in telemarketing or get jobs where specific foreign language skills are required. Some students are lucky enough to find employment relevant to their studies.
You should not, however, count on obtaining a part-time job nor plan your finances accordingly. It is not always easy to find a student job in Denmark if you don’t speak Danish. As an international student in Denmark you can take Danish lessons for free, which will improve your chances of finding employment in Denmark.
Where to search for student jobs
Some academic institutions have online job banks or career centres that can assist you in finding a student job. Please enquire at your host institution. In addition, the official Danish website for international recruitment www.workindenmark.dk offers information on how to find a relevant student job, how to write an application, what to do in a job interview, etc. The site also has a job and CV bank.
Danish government website for international recruitment
Other jobportals in English
- www.stepstone.dk/en (only in Danish)
- www.randstad.dk (only in Danish)
- it-jobbank.dk (IT-jobs) (only in Danish)
- www.adecco.dk (temporary positions)
- www.eurasmus.com (internships)
About working in Denmark
- Europe’s Best Workplaces Are in Denmark Jul 21, 2016
- Denmark has the Second Best Quality of Life in the World Jun 17, 2016
- Denmark has the 3rd. best Higher Education System in the World Jun 01, 2016