Do I need a visa?
A visa is issued for the purpose of a short stay of no more than 90 days in Denmark. The 90 days must be spent within a 180 day period in either Denmark or another Schengen country.
Foreign nationals who are required a visa to enter Denmark and who intend to stay in Denmark for more than 3 months must apply for a residence permit prior to arriving in Denmark. Please note that if you apply for a residence permit and visa at the same time, your visa application will be turned down.
If you have been granted certain types of residence or re-entry permits in another Schengen country, you do not need a visa to enter Denmark. Read more about residence permits issued by another Schengen country. These types of residence permits are not valid for entry into the Faroe Islands or Greenland.
Please note that employment is not permitted during a stay covered by a visa.
Where to file your application
You may apply for a visa at any authorised Danish mission in a country where you are staying legally on a permanent or temporary basis. This includes all Danish Embassies and certain consulates abroad. Furthermore, visas may be issued by the The Trade Council of Denmark, Taipei in Taiwan.
Certain honorary consulates may receive visa applications and forward them to the supervising Danish Embassy. In such cases, if a visa is granted, you must contact the Embassy in person at a later stage.in order to have your visa issued. If it is more convenient for you, it may also be arranged that the authorisation to issue a visa is sent to another Danish mission on your route to Denmark. See all Danish missions abroad and their visa approval authority.
For certain countries, Denmark has entered into an agreement with another Schengen country about the handling of visa applications on behalf of Denmark. See which other Schengen countries handle visa applications on behalf of Denmark. As a rule these agreements only cover applications for short stay visas.
- Citizens who needs a visa to enter Denmark http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/visa/need_visa/who_needs_visa.htm
- Short stay visas http://um.dk/en/travel-and-residence/short-stay-visas/
- How to apply http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_to_dk/visa/how-to/how_to_app.htm
- Danish missions abroad http://um.dk/en/about-us/organisation/find-us-abroad/
- Denmark signs student exchange agreement with South Korea May 23, 2016
- Rent a 'donkey' with your mobile May 18, 2016
- Denmark is the Happiest Country in the World 2016 May 09, 2016